We are hiring! Please see the listing below for Festival Assistant:
Position: Festival Assistant
Start date: Mid July
Hours: Seasonal: 20 up to 40+ weekly in the summer, approx. 20 per month Sept.-Apr.
Sweet Pea Festival is in its 40th year as Bozeman’s long-standing community arts festival. Sweet Pea’s mission is to promote and cultivate the arts, and as such, puts on this yearly festival to promote local, regional, national and international music, dance, theater, arts and crafts and then uses the profit from the festival to give grants and sponsorships to other arts organizations in the community.
Description: Multi-faceted office position in close coordination with the Executive Director and Board and Chair members. Skills required:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Professional, self-starting, organized, detail oriented, ability to prioritize
- Must be 100% available from June 1 through Festival
- Competence with Windows and Microsoft Office including database management, WordPress, and Adobe programs. Also, Constant Contact, Salesforce, Mad Mimi or other email programs. QuickBooks knowledge a plus but not essential.
- Social media proficient – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Willingness to learn. Since the festival is just once a year – it does take a long term commitment to be fully trained.
Duties (more detailed descriptions available):
- Correspondence with the public and with the Board (phone, email, in-person, web).
- Transcribe minutes for Board meetings
- Merchandise sales- use and be able to teach Square online retail system. Responsible for Square inventory entries and inventory of festival and office supplies and equipment.
- Maintain files- physical and digital
- Website maintenance
- Assist with volunteer recruitment
- Additional tasks as assigned by Executive Director
- Festival-time – any and all needs to make sure our board and their 400 volunteers get all the help they need.
Supervisor: Kris Olenicki, Executive Director
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Kris at email@example.com